Alliances:

Go down

Alliances:

Post  viviidlight on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:01 pm

I would like members to post and discuss alliances they feel we should try to establish diplomatic links with, and the reasons why. i.e their posistion, personal friendships, ogame experience with them already in uni 34 etc.
Also post and discuss those alliances that members feel we should not form diplomatic links with and the reasons why.

vivid.
viviidlight
Man at Arms
Man at Arms

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Babylon5

Post  Ookami on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:17 am

I used to be against NAPs and alliances because they are fairly pointless in non ACS universes, but rather than going to war with Babylon (which would just be suicide anyway), I would suggest contacting our leaders and see if there is interest in forging an alliance between Legends and Babylon5. Babylon5 takes alliances pretty seriously and seems very honorable (the last war they did because their ally was being attacked). Who knows, we might still wing up in a joint ACS attack that way and together I think we would pretty much rule uni8.
--Duvel

I agree with Duvel. I would like to recommend joining Babylon5 in this universe to acquire superior allies in all galaxies. No more complaining about only having 2 allies in your region who don't have a fleet. And we know Babylon5 is well situated already because they are of high ranks. In return, we can trade and ACS our meager fleets while developing secure relationships with each other. In time, we will be able to provide a very strong face with combined fleets.

In the event of a war, we would have very strong companions who appear to be very loyal. Loyalty is a characteristic every Legend should have in abundance, as is the ability to make friends and allies of all good-natured men and women everywhere!!

I would like an administrator to please set up a voting thread in approximately four days (allow people to think about it and discuss it for a little while). In the meantime, Dragonrider, could you please, as diplomat, contact Babylon5 and suggest an alliance? Please post these reasons to the other alliance, so as to propogate a positive response quickly. Mention Duvel in the message please, as he can attest to our activity, even if he hasn't been able to participate much. I will see what I can do about talking to Babylon5 members as well.

Legends, post your responses here. Back up all opinions with solid reasoning, please.

Remember, no matter how strong we are individually, we can always become stronger with a friend at our side.
Ookami
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alliances:

Post  Bobblehead on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:46 am

second'd

Go Falcons!

Bobblehead
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Irish Empire on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:14 am

I'm already working on it Very Happy and with AVA too, their main ally

There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.
The Irish Empire
The Irish Empire
The Irish Empire

View user profile http://legends-uni34.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonrider on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:08 pm

The Babylon5 looks like a moderate alliance to me. But alliance with AVA will be good. I think we should wait a bit before we should be ally with Babylon5. Because too many alliance sucks for player like me, who plays as a raider. I would say we might go to alliance with AVA now, but we should wait before we became ally.
It would be better to be ally with .G. or UP, they are quite strong.

dragonrider
Knight
Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Irish Empire on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 pm

unfortunately neither .G. nor uP want allies yet

There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy.
The Irish Empire
The Irish Empire
The Irish Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Ookami on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:31 am

If you become good friends with some of the members in the other alliances, you can ACS raid often increasing the range of players you can attack. This is made a bit easier by using instant messengers, so that there isn't a four hour delay between finding a raid target and actually attacking the person :O Once you remove their fleets and defenses, it then becomes a simple task to farm them, because many raiders forget to develop mines and instead focus on fleets. When the fleet is gone, they're set back so much that they don't recover for a long time.

Also, you may notice many galaxy 4 members of Legends_W are begging for help, and we can't give them help in G1, ya know? The more members we have allied to each other, the more people will be around to ACS defend or to crash an enemy's fleet. Once again, once an enemy is ninja'd or crashed, it takes a while for them to recover. As such, sure, one or two of us might suffer, because even the top 10 can't hurt them Rolling Eyes But the rest of us need defense and a response fleet every once in a while. The more allies we have that are active and willing, the easier it is to become dominant in our universe!
Ookami
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonrider on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:48 am

I checked the statistics last night
7 players of babylon5 are in top 100
so it will be good to be in alliance with them
they are not the mass alliance I thought

dragonrider
Knight
Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alliances: Alliance contest or assist?

Post  Ookami on Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:01 pm

I can't find where he said it, but Duvel pointed out that his alliance is not on the greatest of terms with the alliance Guardians. Erm, I never even noticed that we have an ally, much less two of them!! HAVE THEY EVER JOINED US IN AN ACTIVITY??? I've never heard heads nor tails of them!! I'm gonna start researching them sometime this weekend. See if they even exist out there :O

Personally, I'm torn. I want to kick an alliance out of our buddy list and add Babylon5 in their stead, but simultaneously, if they put any stock in our being here, that would hurt them, and I wouldn't want to do that!! Are they actually participating with us??? I'm not too fond of people who just sit in the backlight and watch.

In addition to talking about Babylon5, let's also talk about our other alliances!! It's related, because according to Duvel, the other alliances are creating a "block" between ourselves and Babylon5. A NAP is better than nothing, but I would prefer a full alliance between the two.
Ookami
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  godo_fl on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:14 pm

i kinda agree. i cant seem to remember, why we are allied to the alliances that we are allied to...can anyone point out again, how these alliances came to be?
rather see us allied to babylon5.

godo_fl
Squire
Squire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverGizmo on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:38 am

dragonrider wrote:The Babylon5 looks like a moderate alliance to me. But alliance with AVA will be good. I think we should wait a bit before we should be ally with Babylon5. Because too many alliance sucks for player like me, who plays as a raider. I would say we might go to alliance with AVA now, but we should wait before we became ally.
It would be better to be ally with .G. or UP, they are quite strong.

Personally i think concentrate on babylon5, they are a multi-uni alliance and they have a huge presence in most unis. If ever legends chose to expand then they would be our allies in other unis too.

Also the founder is a great guy, i used to be a member.

SilverGizmo
Hired Sword
Hired Sword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ookami on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Sorry I've been off the forums for a while. I've been searching the local systems around me, and I've found at least 3 Babylon5 members in VERY close proximity to me. For me especially, an alliance with Babylon5 would be very beneficial. ACS Defense and Offense is best performed when you're nearby your ally.

I can only hope that some of the members are spread out enough to assist our stranded members in the other galaxies or the far fringes of the well populated galaxies. Someday I will do a little searching, but for now, we should set up a vote to finalize our alliance (and consider removing our other alliances), assuming that Babylon5 is okay with the relationships. It has been enough time, we have considered all options except booting an old alliance.
Ookami
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobblehead on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:41 am

Becoming allied with Bab 5 could really help us.
people would be afriad of us because we are allied to them lol

Go Falcons!

Bobblehead
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ookami on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:55 pm

Lol, forget about being afraid IF, I'm already working together with 3 Babylon5 members in my region to crash 2 higher ranked active raiders. I'm weak myself, but I'm hoping I can manage to lure the kids out of their hiding spots and then we can crush their vulnerable fleets on the return in a blind phalanx. I'm a good lure because I often have a lot of res and small ships floating on every planet. A small increase in my usual supplies will go unnoted but should provide a nice tasty dish I hope. Whisk it away 5 seconds before I'm hit then respond from another planet. Hehehe.

What is the current verdict from the Babylon5 diplomat? I call to put it to a formal vote now that we have discussed the situation amongst ourselves. The only reasons to postpone the proposed vote as I see them: Babylon5 says no; we want to first run a vote to remove our other allies from the list.
Ookami
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobblehead on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 am

yea, lets get to voting Smile

Go Falcons!

Bobblehead
Lord
Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Irish Empire on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:22 pm

well, first, i am going to test our current allies, due to the fact that we will be going to war soon, check the should we go to war topic. i will explain why there. however, if they come to our aid then we will keep them and add babylon5 and AVA, if not then we will kick them and they will no longer be our allies. however, they are fairly strong, though weaker than us, and could be helpful. i will start a poll after we see how they respond in the war, ok?

The Irish Empire
The Irish Empire
The Irish Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaxle Drizz on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:01 pm

I am working to restore The Guardians, or at least the Guardian Wings relations w/ Babylon 5. I am the newly appointed GW diplomat and we will be there to support if you still consider us an ally.
Jaxle Drizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guardian/ Space Guardians

Post  Jaxle Drizz on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:08 am

The Guardian Wing has grown so quickly that we can not be considered a wing any longer. Rather than become one massive alliance we opted for a name change and are now a twin to our main alliance. A new wing will be added eventually for training and accepting noobs. We are standing by to provide our brothers assistance when you call.
Jaxle Drizz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  seano on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:15 am

Hi,

I'm part of the KBC, we're just a group of guys who use the forums. we're not huge and with exception of one or two players our rankings aren't great either. However I am of the opinion that we need to grow and to do that we need to form alliances. Anyway I was just scouting around and I came across you guys. You all seem pretty friendly and I was just wondering if you could give me some advice. I want to be able to go back to my alliance and say look I've found an ally what do you say (some of them have been apprehensive about getting the word out and drawing to much attention). But obviously I don't expect you guys to just jump on board and help us out. So yeah any advice on how to form alliances and who might be suitable for us would be great. P.s check out the forums at Kontraband.... they're an absolute hoot!

seano

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum